Jeff Bezos is a famous American entrepreneur who is the chief executive and the founder of the Amazon.com platform. Jeff is also the owner of the ‘The Washington Post.’ Due to his so-far flourishing business ventures, Bezos has made himself the richest person in the world.
Jeff Bezos Wiki:
- Born: January 12, 1964 (age 57 years),
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
- Space missions: Blue Origin NS-16
- Spouse: MacKenzie Scott (m. 1993–2019)
- Partner: Lauren Sánchez
- Education: Princeton University (1982–1986)
Miami Palmetto Senior High School (1982),
River Oaks Elementary School
- Net worth: 200.3 billion USD (2021) Forbes, Trending
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Jeff Bezos Height, Age, and Weight:
The height of Jeff Bezos is 1.71 m, Jeff Bezos’s age is 57 years, and weight is 70kg approximately.
Who Is Jeff Bezos?
Jeff Bezos is the famous e-commerce pioneer who is the CEO and the founder of a well-known e-commerce platform named Amazon. Plus, Jeff is also the owner of The Washington Post and the principal founder of the Space Exploration Company named Blue Origin.
He was born in New Mexico in 1964, where he adopted the love for computers at a very early age. Hence, he did with his early education in computer science and electrical engineering from Princeton University.
After finishing his graduate studies, he started working on Wall Street. In 1990, he made himself the youngest senior as the vice president in the investment firm named D.E. Shaw. After working in that firm for almost four years, he quit the job, after which he decided to open the Amazon platform, which is a famous online bookstore. This platform is a perfect example of an internet success that nothing is impossible if you want to start an online business.
In 2013, he acquired The Washington Post, and in the year 2017, Amazon acquired Whole Foods. In February 2021, the largest online sales company.
Amazon announced that Jeff would step down as the Chief Executive Officer within the third quarter.
Jeff Childhood & Early Life:
Jeff Bezos was born in the house of Jacklyn Gise and Ted Jorgensen. Bezos’s mother got married at a very early age and her second marriage was with Miguel Bezos, a Cuban immigrant from the University of Albuquerque. He took his early education from River Oaks Elementary School, Houston, from fourth till the sixth grade.
He took his early education from the place of Miami Palmetto Senior High School. Plus, he even took half of his education from Student Science Training Program by studying at the University of Florida. Jeff was awarded the Silver Knight Award in the year 1982.
When Jeff was studying in high school, he started with his first business venture by Dream Institute. Then, in 1982, he made his way into Princeton University, from where he took his education on computer studies.
Once Jeff was done with his graduation, he started working in various firms on Wall Street, such as the Fitel Bankers Trust and investment firm D.E. Shaw.
In the year 1995, he founded the platform of Amazon as an online store. Then In the year 1997, the venue was open to the public. In 1998, the platform started offering videos and CDs, along with the addition of a clothing portfolio in 2002.
Later, Amazon was also launched with online sporting goods offered by more than 3,000 brands. Finally, in 2007, the platform was introduced with the handheld electronic reading device known as the Kindle.
In 2013, Jeff acquired the Washington Post for $250 million taken from the Graham family.
Jeff Major Contributions:
- Bezos yet played a significant role in the growth and development of e-commerce. He was the founder of the Amazon platform, which is an online store, in 1995. In just a short time, the platform grew to high popularity. He introduced so many features such as customer reviews, one-click shopping, and e-mail order verification.
- He founded Blue Origin in 2004. This aerospace company was involved in developing some high space travel innovations as the testing facility.
- Amazon Web Services also is a product of Amazon that provides cloud computing platforms and APIs to individuals, companies, and governments.
Awards & Achievements:
The Ceo of Amazon, Jeff Bezos, was praised with an honorary doctorate in science and technology from Carnegie Mellon University in 2008. Jeff was also part of the U.S. News & World Report, one of prosperous America’s best leaders.
In the year 2011, Economist gave Bezos and Gregg Zehr the Innovation Award for their Amazon Kindle. In the same year, Jeff was given the Businessperson of The Year by Fortune.
In 2012, Amazon was named the national retail federation as the top retailer for the year. In addition, the platform was also awarded the Gold Medal Award who served upon the industry with the distinction.
Jeff Personal Life:
American entrepreneur Jeff Bezos tied the knot with MacKenzie Tuttle in the year 1993. They both met each other when working together at the investment firm D.E. Shaw. The couple has four kids. In 2019, the couple mutually decided on their divorce.
Currently, he is dating Lauren Sanchez, the former news anchor, and a TV show host. By Bloomberg Billionaires Index has posted Bezos to be the wealthiest person in the world. Harvard Business Review has also ranked him to be the second-best CEO in the world.
Net Worth of Jeff Bezos:
The Net Worth of Jeff Bezos is 200.9 billion USD.
Jeff Bezos Yacht:
The world’s richest man Jeff is rumored to be purchasing a 417-foot super-yacht worth $1.2 billion and furnished with the smaller yacht to hold the helicopter.
Surprising facts about Jeff Bezos:
- Jeff’s biological father was a circus dancer.
- He started his very first business when he was in high school.
- Bezos served on Wall Street in the early time of 1990s.
- Bezos founded the platform of Amazon in his garage.
- Before naming it as Amazon, Jeff called his Amazon platform Cadabra.
- Jeff Amazon company is an e-commerce leader.
- In 2003, he was a passenger in a helicopter crash, but he survived.
- He even did a cameo role in the film Star Trek Beyond.
- He became himself to be a self-made billionaire in 1999 at the age of 35 years old.
- Jeff Bezos and MacKenzie Bezos settled their divorce after 25 years of marriage in a $38 billion agreement.
- Jeff’s family donated to the Fred Hutchinson cancer research center many times within 2009-2017.
- The Bezos Day One Fund made $2 billion.
- Amazon.com is the largest online shopping retailer and largest online sales company.
- Amazon is the largest internet company.
Social Media Accounts:
— Jeff Bezos (@JeffBezos) February 28, 2020
Faqs about Bezos:
Who is Jeff Bezos?
Jeff Bezos is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of the largest internet company Amazon.com.
Did Jeff Bezos grow up poor?
Jeff’s parents were 17 and 18 when he was born, and he worked with his grandparents’ farm in Cotulla, Texas, early in life.
Who is the wealthiest person in the world?
The Chief Executive Officer of Amazon, Jeff Bezos, is the wealthiest person globally at the no one spot.
How much does Jeff Bezos make in a second?
In Vizaca breport Jeff makes $3,715 per second.
What disease does Jeff Bezos have?
While vacationing in the Galapagos Islands, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos suffered a kidney stone and was helped by an Ecuadorian Navy helicopter.